Tuesday, May 09, 2006

pre-seminar wobbles

Evenin' all.

Tomorrow I have to give a seminar paper on Bedford. I have to talk to people about all of the things that have been whizzing around inside my skull about that little non-entity of a town suspended somewhere in ebtween the Midlands, the South-East and East-Anglia. I haven't given a paper in front of important people before, so this is scarey. Must try not to gabble. Don't like the idea of people being able to ask questions really either. I'll say what I have to say and that's that. Apparently they'll buy me dinner afterwards, so that's good. But it's on the same day as Punt! Might not get to see much of Punt at all. Bah.

Couple of interesting gigs coming up for any oxfordites reading:

1. Fell City Girl / The Half Rabbits - this Thursday
2. Hot Chip - next Monday

Will try to have more inspirational post soon. My mind is full of Bedford.

Still listening to classical stuff mostly, particularly Brahms' Piano Quintet in F minor, which could be made into a WICKED post-punk thing if someone wanted.

Wozzeck remains slightly beyond me. A-tonal laughing. Hmmm, not sure about that at all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous post punk whanger said...

Less of that. I do recommend A Terrible Beauty by The Uncle Devil Show. Goes well with the Masala popcorn and the inlatable camel. Enjoyable cd.

http://www.p3music.com/store_store_pages/uncle_devil_show.html

Link. Not the Zelda one.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home